Meet the Novalis Tx®
Novalis Tx® is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy called stereotactic radiosurgery, or stereotactic body radiation therapy.
Capable of “shaping” the radiation beams delivered during treatment, Novalis Tx allows our clinical experts to vary the beam size and treat a larger variety of tumors throughout the body.
During Novalis Tx procedures, you will lie on a treatment table while the machine rotates around you, delivering high doses of radiation aimed directly at your tumor and sculpted to match the 3D shape of the tumor. The cumulative dose of radiation delivered by the Novalis Tx kills tumor cells while minimizing exposure to surrounding healthy tissue.
Most treatment sessions typically last 15 – 20 minutes depending on the size, shape and location of your tumor. These sessions last about one-third of the time that previous machines took to deliver the same dose of radiation, offering improved patient comfort and improved safety.
- Noninvasive, no incisions
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Five or fewer outpatient treatment sessions
- Little to no recovery time
- Allows for an immediate return to daily activities
- Minimal, if any, side effects due to pinpoint precision of high-dose radiation delivery
- Minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor
Speak with one of our dedicated team members about how we can help today.